Terms & Conditions
- Acceptance of Terms.
- Description of Services.
Matrix Offices may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as Matrix Offices may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU. Details of your contracted services are detailed in the attached Services page.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use.
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Matrix Offices server, or the network(s) connected to any Matrix Offices server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Matrix Offices server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
- Use of Services.
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not knowingly:
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise);
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Matrix Offices servers;
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Make duplicates of your office keys and giving your keys and giving out your personal access code to non-members of Matrix Offices.
- Matrix Offices
reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services at Matrix Offices as deemed necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Matrix Offices’ sole discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Matrix Offices or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature. Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, knowhow, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/or books and records of Matrix Offices, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Matrix Offices or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
- Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to
- maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
- not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
- not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Matrix Offices or any participant or user of the Services.
- All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Matrix Offices or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Matrix Offices or any participant or user of the Services.
- Participation In or Use of Services.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Matrix Offices does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MATRIX OFFICES PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF OR RELATED TO: MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF VIRUSES, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, RESULTS, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT AND LACK OF NEGLIGENCE. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY, DUTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, AND CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, OR ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES, REMAINS WITH YOU.
- Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MATRIX OFFICES OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES (WHETHER OR NOT WHOLLY-OWNED), AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, AND THEIR PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OFFICERS, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, JOINTLY AND INDIVIDUALLY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR: LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF PRIVACY, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY (INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE), NEGLIGENCE, AND ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN OR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF MATRIX OFFICES, AND EVEN IF MATRIX OFFICES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability and Remedies.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF MATRIX OFFICES OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES (WHETHER OR NOT WHOLLY-OWNED), AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, AND THEIR PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE OFFICERS, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS TOU AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU BASED ON REASONABLE RELIANCE UP TO TEN DOLLARS (USD $10.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS (INCLUDING SECTIONS 8 AND 9 ABOVE) SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Matrix Offices reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Matrix Offices further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
Affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Matrix Offices”), or that reveals, discloses, incorporates, is based upon, discusses, includes or otherwise involves any confidential or proprietary information of Matrix Offices or its subsidiaries or Affiliates, or to malign, harm, disparage, defame or damage the reputation or good name of Matrix Offices, its business or any of the Matrix Offices Representatives.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless Matrix Offices and Matrix Offices’ subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Matrix Offices or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this TOU and further agree to be bound to the TOU regarding my participation in and use of the Services.
A. Payment options & rules
- All active members are required to have a credit card on file.
- Unless prior arrangements are made to pay with check or cash, the credit card on file will be charged the invoiced amount on the first day of the invoiced month.
- Any changes in membership for the upcoming month must be submitted no later than 72 hours prior to the next billing month, otherwise member is responsible for the invoiced amount. No exceptions.
- If your payment is more than 1 day past the due date, a late fee of $100
- On the 15th of every month you will receive an invoice for usage above normal membership during the previous 30 days & membership fees for the coming 30 days. You will be charged automatically on the first of every month. If your membership starts not on the 1st of any month, your services shall be prorated on the 2nd months invoice.
- Members may terminate their membership with at least 7 days notice. There is no proration for membership fees paid for termination during a month. Member will not receive a refund for any unused days of membership and membership shall expire at the of the month at as long as 7 days written notice was given to Matrix Offices.
B. Meeting room rules
- All monthly memberships include reserved conference room time, which can be used in any of our conference rooms. Conference room hours listed on Services page. If a meeting room is unoccupied, monthly members can use the rooms on a “standby” basis without using up reserved hours. Additional reserved time past the included hours is billed at $35/hr conference room.
- Unused reserved hours expire at the end of each month.
- Café, Day Pass and 12/24-Pack members have NO reserved meeting room hours. Any meeting room usage is on a “standby” basis, only for phone calls or short meetings, and only between the hours of 9AM-6PM.
C. Address and mail reception rules
- Private desk & private office memberships include unlimited mail reception. We will receive letters, sign for your packages, and place them in your reserved space unless otherwise instructed by you. Virtual Mail services may be purchased for an additional charge.
- All other monthly memberships are limited to 3 pieces of mail per month. We will keep your mail for you until you are able to pick it up. If you receive more than 3 pieces of mail in any given month, a mail reception fee of $25/mo will be included on your next statement.
- If you place your monthly membership on hold, but want us to receive and keep your mail, the Virtual Mailbox fee of $25/mo will be assessed. Following membership cancellation, all mail will be returned to sender after one week.
- Café, Day Pass and 12/24-pack members have NO mail reception included with their membership.
D. Address and mail reception rules
- SOFTWARE SECURITY:
Matrix Offices does NOT make any warranties or guarantees about security and it’s the customer’s responsibility to secure their own personal machine with intrusion detection/prevention software (firewall) and antimalware clients.
- SECURITY OF THE SPACE:
Members are responsible for turning off lights, and setting the alarm when and only if you have verified you are in fact the last person to leave the space. Should the alarm be set off the police are required to come by and inspect. Each police visit is charged to Matrix Offices.
Should the alarm be setoff for any reason other than break in the offending party will be charged the resulting amount of the police visit. Should the alarm not be set or the lights left on, a monetary penalty determined by management will be enforced for each infraction.
Matrix Offices LLC DBA Matrix Mailbox Terms and Conditions
This Mailbox Service Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into by the customer identified above (“Customer”) for the use of and services related to a mailbox (the “Mailbox”) at Matrix Offices LLC virtual mailbox centers identified henceforth as (MATRIX) dba Matrix Mailbox under the terms set forth herein.
Customer agrees that Customer will not use MATRIX premises or any MATRIX services for any unlawful, illegitimate or fraudulent purpose or for any purpose prohibited by U.S. postal regulations. Customer further agrees that any use of the Mailbox shall be in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Each individual or entity must complete a separate U.S. Postal Service Form 1583 (“Form 1583”) to be authorized to receive mail or packages at the Mailbox. However, spouses may complete one Form 1583, as long as both spouses include their separate information on the Form.
This Agreement and Form 1583 shall remain confidential, except that this Agreement and Form 1583 may be disclosed upon written request of any law enforcement or other governmental agency, or when legally mandated. Upon request, Customer agrees to complete all necessary documents, including Form 1583 and any required acknowledgment form relating to service of process. Customer further agrees to sign an updated version of this Agreement and Form 1583 upon request.
Possession of the Mailbox service shall be considered valid evidence that the possessor is duly authorized to remove any contents from the Mailbox. In the event of death or incapacity of Customer, MATRIX will require the appropriate documents from the Probate Court, the executor of the estate, the trustee or other similar person or entity before releasing mail or packages to a requesting party.
Customer agrees to pay a monthly or annual fee for requested services. Fees shall be listed on MATRIX website or provided to customer through email or written form. Any accidental pricing errors listed shall not entitle customer to error pricing as solely determined by MATRIX. Month to Month Mailbox Service plans may be cancelled at any time and services will terminate at end of monthly billing cycle regardless when terminated during month and there is no monthly proration for services not used. Yearly Mailbox Service Plans may be cancelled at any time and receive a refund of unused months, but customers will be charged the monthly difference in pricing from the Month to Month Mailbox Services. Example, Signed up Mailbox Basic Yearly for service in January. Cancel service in March. Customer will be charged 2 months of the difference between the annual rate ($275/12 = 22.92/month, so $22.92×2 = $45.83) and monthly rate ($25/month x 2 = $50) Difference owed $4.17. Services will terminate at end of monthly billing cycle regardless when terminated during month and there is no monthly proration for services not used. Customer who purchase the monthly plan will be billed monthly in advance for the selected Month to Month service plan and will also be billed for any previous month’s services used by Customer above Customer’s selected plans included services. Monthly plan Customers will be invoiced and due on 1st of each month. Customers who purchase a yearly plan will automatically renew upon their anniversary date for another yearly plan if not cancelled prior to renewal date. Yearly plan customers will also be billed for previous month’s services used by Customer above Customer’s selected plans included services. All plan customers must maintain a valid credit card on file for reoccurring charges and additional used services charges. If no credit card on file or credit card is invalid when charged, services will be terminated until payment for all charges are received and valid credit card is on file. Mailbox service fees and other related fees stated herein are subject to change. In the event that Customer receives an unreasonable volume of mail or packages at the Mailbox according to the MATRIX’s reasonable judgment, MATRIX may require Customer to upgrade to a larger size mailbox and/or pay any additional charges. MATRIX reserves the right to increase the Mailbox service fees in the event that Customer adds additional individuals or entities to the names of those individuals or entities authorized to receive mail and packages at the Mailbox pursuant to Form 1583.
Service processes are described as follows and are as per the instruction of customer. MATRIX will receive mail on customer’s behalf. Customer understand that depending on their plan only a certain amount of mail received is included in their plan described in customers Welcome Letter and any mail received above plan shall have additional charges as described in Matrix Mailbox Additional Fees . MATRIX shall scan outside of envelope and upload scan into customer’s virtual mailbox. Customer may then request from the following:
a. MATRIX to open mail and scan contents inside. Customer understands that depending on which plan they are only certain number of open mail request scans are included in their plan and any scan requests above their plan will be at an additional charge as described in Matrix Mailbox Additional Fees.
b. Matrix to forward mail to an address of their choosing. Shipping and Handling costs shall apply as described in Matrix Mailbox Additional Fees.
c. Matrix to permanently shred mail.
Customer understands that if customer choses open and scan (a) from above customer must still complete what to do with mail after open and scan. Customer must choose either to forward (b) or to shred (c) otherwise mail is stored until instructed by customer and storage fees shall apply as described in Matrix Mailbox Additional Fees.
d. If none of the above choices are made by customer, mail will be stored and storage fees shall apply as described in Matrix Mailbox Additional Fees until customer instructs MATRIX what to do with mail.
MATRIX reserves the right to change processes without notice to customer and customer continued use of service shall constitute acceptance on their part. MATRIX makes no claims or guarantees to processing times of customer’s mail receipt, scanning, forwarding or shredding.
Upon expiration, cancellation or termination of this Agreement, MATRIX will:
a. Refuse any package addressed to Customer delivered by any party other than the U.S. Postal Service, such as a commercial courier service.
b. Discard or destroy any of Customer’s mail or packages delivered to or remaining at MATRIX at such time.
The term of this Agreement shall be the initial period paid for by Customer and any renewal period paid for by Customer from time to time. Renewal of this Agreement for additional terms shall be at MATRIX’s sole discretion.
Any written notice to Customer required or permitted under this Agreement shall be deemed delivered twenty-four (24) hours after placement of such notice by email to customer or put in Customer’s Mailbox or at the time personally delivered to Customer. In the event of a termination notice based upon abandonment of the Mailbox, notice shall be deemed delivered (a) on the next day after placing in the hands of a commercial courier service or the United States Postal Service for next day delivery, or (b) five (5) days after placement in the United States Mail by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, postage prepaid, and addressed to Customer at Customer’s address as set forth in Form 1583, or on the date of actual receipt, whichever is earlier.
As Customer’s authorized agent for receipt of mail, MATRIX will accept all mail, including registered, insured and certified items. Unless prior arrangements have been made, MATRIX shall only be obligated to accept mail, or packages delivered by commercial courier services which require a signature from MATRIX as a condition of delivery. Customer must accept all storage and forwarding charges for mail and packages as set forth in additional charges rate sheet provided to customer. In the event Customer refuses to accept any mail or package, MATRIX may return the mail or package to the sender and Customer will be responsible for any postage or other fees associated with such return. C.O.D. items will be accepted ONLY if prior arrangements have been made and payment in advance is provided to MATRIX.
Customer agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless MATRIX, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, franchisees, officers, directors, agents and employees from and against any and all losses, damages, expenses, claims, demands, liabilities, judgments, settlement amounts, costs and causes of action of every type and character arising out of or in connection with the use or possession of the Mailbox, including without limitation, any demands, claims and causes of action for personal injury or property damage arising from such use or possession, from failure of the U.S. Postal Service or any commercial courier service to deliver on time or otherwise deliver any items (mail, packages, etc.), from damage to or loss of any package or mail, or to the Mailbox contents by any cause whatsoever, and from any violation by Customer of applicable federal, state or local laws.
CUSTOMER HEREIN AGREES THAT THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF LIABILITY OF MATRIX IF ANY, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.00 REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM.
Customer must use the exact mailing address for the Mailbox without modification as set forth in Section three (3) of Form 1583. The Postal Service will return mail without a proper address to the sender endorsed “Undeliverable as Addressed.”
Delivery by commercial courier services must be made to MATRIX street address only (and not to a P.O. Box). Upon signing this Agreement, Customer shall provide two forms of valid identification, one of which shall include a photograph. This Agreement may not be amended or modified, except in a writing signed by both parties.
MATRIX reserves the right to open and inspect any packages or mail which may arrive damaged or that may be otherwise of questionable integrity or legality.
Signing up and usage of Matrix services shall constitute acceptance by Customer of all above terms and conditions. If any part of this agreement is found unlawful, all other parts shall remain enforceable and binding.